The girl.

Friday, August 25, 2017

Elective posting in Sabah : Hello ! (Part 1)

Assalamualaikum and hi readers!
Harini nak share tentang pengalaman sepanjang berelective posting di Sabah. So for the first part, I wanted to give you guys an overview abt my elective posting experiences and all, then I will go the adventures part next, owait!



So, kitorang punya plan nak buat elective di sana memang dah lama, sejak awal tahun 4 lagi. Yes, bagi pelajar perubatan Tahun 4, at the end of session haruslah buat this elective posting selama 3 minggu in minimum. You can choose the placement yourself whether in Malaysia or overseas. For us, Sabah is the most affordable and memorable destination lagi lagi our friend also a Sabahan girl 👧. So we chose the 'Hospital Queen Elizabeth II' as our elective posting attachment in a hope that there are some good experiences can be made 👍


The elective posting started from 24th July until 11th Aug. So I bought my flight tix 1 month earlier and took the direct flight from KBR - BKI on 22nd July. There is THIS ONE question that there are already 3 PERSON asked me when I was there,


"Hajar, what do you expect when you arrive in Sabah? Like what do you think is the differences compared to the Peninsular?"



I smiled. And gave them my honest opinion 😅✌😀 You should prepare yours too before going tehehe 👻


***

I love it when Ailin's whole family welcoming us like we were also part of the family. We even called her parents as mami and dadi, it felt like I am home~ Thanks

I love it when all the patients in the wards layan me as if I was Sabahan. They never degraded me or what for I was only speaking bahasa baku. Only sometimes I will speak in Sabahan dialect bcs I wanted them to feel more close to me. I wanted them to tell everything they were worried of, their social histories and even to nicest places to go in Sabah 😉


"So whats the types of aphasia? Anyone?" 💁

Yeah thats my whitecoat 😆

D-1


I love it when my supervisors doing their ward rounds bcs I never followed any ward rounds before. My supervisor gotta be my inspiration 🙌 bcs her style doing ward round was very systematic. I also was asked the same question if the hos cant answer but yeah but my brain wasnt working right that time. 😥 So the rounds included 2 cubicles and 3 rooms, started from 8AM sharp and ended around 11AM. After finished, you can help the hos to do blood taking, they will happily gave the task for you and even asked you to send them to lab. 💙 I chose medical department bcs I love the calm environment there, where you can see the same pts for abt 3 to 4 days duration and saw the progression yourself. Many things you can learn from there ✌

Everyday in the morning, we woke up as early as 5AM without fail haha and sudah bersiap siap pergi Hospital at 6:20AM. We arrived in hospital at around 6:30AM plus and headed to hospital canteen first like EVERYDAY 😋 We couldnt worked our brain out with no glucose aite? Talking abt food there it was nice (bcs they served soup and tomyum lah hehe😀)


Dear readers, meet our new Sabahan friend, Alan, a Sino Kadazan. 👨 

Besides, I actually like it when they speak their dialect. It sounds so gentle and comforting with its somewhat cute tone at the end of the sentences. You need to listen them yourself so you'd understand me 😃😃


Lots of love, K
25th Aug 2017

To be continued....

2 comments:

mich said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rishba said...

Hi, just wanted to ask how you applied a placement at Queen Elizabeth II hospital

Bangkok Day Tour [Day 3]

Let the pictures do the talking :)